Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Man's Book Club

I know this blog has a very small following, possibly 5 people if I'm lucky, but I have always wanted to have a manly book club but have never had the opportunity to do it.  I had a friend call me up the other night and invite me to read a book with him, one I've already read but a good one.  I agreed and thought it would be fun to extend that invitation to you all.  I've decided to put up here a monthly book to read and in addition a good old manly movie to watch.  I'll put a new one up each month and we can discuss them in the comments.  If you have any suggestions for future books or movies please email them to me at findingtheman1@gmail.com.

September's book is the book that my friend asked me to read with him and is one of my very favorite books that discusses the masculine core of a man.  The book is Wild at Heart by John Eldredge.


I won't say much about it as I want to save the discussion for the end of the month.

This month's movie is going to be one of my favorites and one I have been craving to watch, Braveheart.

So there you have it.  As you read and watch, really take in the message that these two stories have to tell you about who you are as a man and what we as men have lost in our modern world.

Have fun and enjoy, we'll discuss it at the end of the month.

Both book and movie area available in the Man's Store

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Braveheart :) Good times at the Hadley's house watching this awesome film! - too bad my mom wasn't there to hold up a blanket over the tv during the "naughty parts" :)

    ReplyDelete